TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This page provides information about who we are and the legal terms and conditions that may apply to your use of The Uniform Centre website and any product or service you order from it.
General Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to your use of The Uniform Centre website at www.uniform-centre.co.nz (the "website"). You must read these Terms and Conditions carefully, and we recommend that you print and keep a copy for your future reference. By accessing, browsing, using or registering with the website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety, including the Returns Policy provided separately, you must not order from this website.
This website is owned and operated by Booker Spalding Ltd which is a company registered in New Zealand (company registration number 4101) Our GST number is 010-579-929. Unless we say otherwise, we use the terms "Booker Spalding", The Uniform Centre, "we" and "us" on this page to refer to our registered company name, Booker Spalding Ltd.
Our street address;
The Uniform Centre, 17b Regent Street, Petone, Wellington 5012
T: +64 4 5609010
Your use of this website
You must only use this website for lawful purposes, and you must not use it in a way that infringes the rights of anyone else or that restricts or inhibits anyone else's enjoyment of the website. You may use, download and print content on the website solely for your own personal use or internal business purposes. Other than for your own personal use, you may not without our prior written consent:
- Copy, reproduce, use or otherwise deal with any content on the website;
- Modify, distribute or re-post any content on the website for any purpose;
- Reproduce, crawl, frame, link to or deep-link into this website on or from any other website;
- Use the content of the website for any commercial exploitation whatsoever
Use of this website from outside New Zealand
The materials on this website are displayed for the purposes of promoting products and services to New Zealand based customers.
Payment and Pricing
We accept payment with VISA, and MasterCard. Our business trading name is 'The Uniform Centre’ and this is the name which will appear on your credit card statement.
For orders originating in New Zealand, NZ$ will show in the pricing boxes. Except when stated, New Zealand pricing excludes GST and freight.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. The Uniform Centre shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account.
Ownership of rights
All rights, including copyright and other intellectual property rights, in and to this website are owned by or licensed to Booker Spalding Ltd.
Accuracy of content
To the extent permitted by applicable law, Booker Spalding disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, that content or information displayed in or on this website is accurate, complete, up-to-date and/or does not infringe the rights of any third party.
The views expressed in user generated content are the opinions of those users and do not represent the views, opinions, beliefs or values of The Uniform Centre.
Damage to your computer or other device
The Uniform Centre uses reasonable efforts to ensure that this website is free from viruses and other malicious or harmful content. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website (including any content on it or any website accessible from it) will not cause damage to your computer or other device. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the right equipment (including antivirus software) to use the website safely and to screen out anything that may damage or harm your computer or other device. Except where required by applicable law, The Uniform Centre shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage they suffer as a result of viruses or other malicious or harmful content that they access from or via the website.
Links to other websites
From time to time we may place links on this website to other websites we think you may want to visit. We do not vet these websites and do not have any control over their contents. Except where required by applicable law, The Uniform Centre cannot accept any liability in respect of the use of these websites.
Product and service descriptions
We have taken reasonable precautions to try to ensure that prices quoted on the website are correct and that all products have been fairly described. However, when ordering products or services through the website, please note that:
- Orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or services or their prices as advertised on this website;
- Any weights, dimensions and capacities which may be shown on the website are approximate only;
- Whilst we try to display the colours of our products accurately on the website, the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor and we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery
- All items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the product(s) or service(s) you have ordered are not available and we may offer alternative product(s) or service(s) of equal or higher quality and value.
Acceptance of your order
Please note that completion of the online checkout process does not constitute our acceptance of your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place only when we dispatch the product(s) or commencement of the services that you ordered from us.
If you supplied us with your email address when entering your payment details (or if you have a registered account with us), we will notify you by email as soon as possible to confirm that we have received your order.
All products that you order through the website will remain the property of The Uniform Centre until we have received payment in full for those products.
During the checkout process, you will be asked to complete your payment details. All fields indicated as compulsory must be completed. Please note that The Uniform Centre do not receive or retain details of your credit card. The credit card transaction is completed by an authorised third-party payment provider (Windcave / Payment Express) using an encrypted secure payment mechanism.
All card payments are subject to authorisation by your card issuer and we take payment when we accept your order shortly before dispatch. If your payment is not received and you have already received the products you ordered from us, you must pay for the products or return those products to us in accordance with reasonable return instructions that we provide to you and in the same condition that you received them . If you do not do this within 7 days of the date on which we cancel your order, we may collect or arrange for collection of the products at your expense. We reserve the right to charge you for any and all damage to (or other adverse interference with) any products that are the subject of an unpaid order.
If we cannot supply you with the product or service you ordered, we will not process your order, inform you of this in writing (including e-mail) and, if you have already paid for the product or service, refund you in full as soon as reasonably possible.
All risk in the products you order (including risk of loss and/or damage to the products) shall pass to you when they are delivered to the delivery address specified in your order.
We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products if the delay or failure is wholly or partly caused by circumstances beyond our control.
Our products are available for delivery to destinations inside New Zealand.
Cancellation of order
If you wish to cancel (or are considering cancelling) a product or service you have ordered from us, please be aware of the following terms that apply:
- Damaged or incorrectly supplied products: You should check all products you receive against your order. If the products you receive are damaged or incorrectly supplied on delivery then you must note the details of any damage or error in supply on the delivery documentation or if you are unable to view the items on receipt, you must inform us (by post, phone or e-mail only) within a reasonable period of time. You must return the products to us as soon as possible after informing us that the products are damaged or have been incorrectly supplied.
- Other cancelled products: If you want to cancel products that are not damaged or incorrectly supplied, then you must inform us as soon as possible. You must take reasonable care of the products that you wish to cancel and not use them. Products should be returned in their original packaging and in line with our returns policy.
- Any products we supply to you will be of satisfactory quality. In the unlikely event we deliver a product to you that is not of satisfactory quality, you can contact us for a repair or replacement or, where this is not possible, for a refund.
- Branded garment. Because branding cannot be removed without risking damage to the garments, branded garments cannot be cancelled, returned for exchange or refund once order has been put through.
We will never make your personal details available to other companies for marketing purposes other than for the marketing of Booker Spalding branded products and services. Booker Spalding will hold your personal details in order to process your order and/or maintain your account.
The Uniform Centre may also use your details to send you further information on Uniform Centre products and services, to keep you up-to-date on goods, services, new collections and promotional offers you may be interested in or for research purposes.
If you prefer not to receive such information or be a part of such research, please write to The Uniform Centre, using the contact details provided on the website.
Use of The Uniform Centre Brand
You may not use any product image, designation, service mark, trademark or any other trading name or style of The Uniform Centre without having first obtained our consent in writing.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change and update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and recommend that you revisit this page regularly to keep informed of the current Terms and Conditions that apply to your use of the website. By continuing to access, browse and use this website, you will be deemed to have agreed to any changes or updates to our Terms and Conditions.
These Terms & Conditions were last updated in November 2019.